Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dory has a point, you know

Just keep swiming
Just keep swimming
Swimming Swimming Swimming....

Many of you know that I have been working the Weight Watchers program pretty hard for the last few months. It has been relatively "easy" (haha) to incorporate into my busy life and I've been extremely happy with the process and, especially, the results. I have actually hit my Weight Watchers goal weight and stayed at or below that number for 6 weeks of maintenence. So, this week I became a "Lifetime Member" of Weight Watchers. Reaching this distinction has many benefits, not the least of which is not having to pay for meetings anymore (as long as I am within 2 pounds of my goal weight and I go to get weighed in at least one time per month). But, I have to say, I am already feeling tempted to take a little "break". I've noticed I'm not counting my points as vigorously, not drinking enough water, and eating some foods that I know I shouldnt be eating. I still want to lose 10 additional pounds to reach my own personal goal weight and that just isnt gonna happen with ice cream and cheese steaks. But, I think I've gotten it out of my system and I must hunker down and focus.

At the same time, I went over to Mel's blog this morning and she also blogged about her Weight Watchers journey. I have to say that I am really inspired by Mel's post. I know that I can continue to stay on track and continue to be inspired by her success and mine!

As Dory says, I'm gonna just keep swimming........

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Good for you! I just started weight watchers last week, and am surprised at how easy it is. (lol)

YK Wright said...

Thanks for this post. I have almost given up myself but after reading your post, and Mel's, I am feeling a renewed sense of urgency! You should be so proud of yourself for doing so well already. Congrats!

Sarah said...

You look FANTASTIC!
Life time member.. Congrats!

I wish I had your will power..

Lori said...

You go girlfriend! You looked fantastic the last time I saw you! Keep going.

Michelle W said...

Well, swim on over to Mommy Confessions because you won the Kiwi subscription!!

Twitter Updates