Thursday, August 21, 2008

A glimpse into the teenage years

Tonight Matt was out, so it was just us girls. Madison was upstairs helping me get McKenna ready for bed. All of a sudden, she found an Elmo cell phone in McKenna's toy basket. She immediately dropped what she was helping me with and said "I have to go to my bedroom now so I can call D" ("D" is her best friend... she has actually called her that... so cute!).

So, off she goes to her bedroom where I can see her having a full blown conversation with this toy cell phone and telling D that she had fun at her house today, and that she was going to read books to her doll babies and have mac and cheese for dinner....very important stuff.

She looks up about midway through the conversation and sees me watching her. And this, my friends, is where I saw my future.... and it wasn't pretty.

She drops the phone on her bed, rolls her eyes, and gets up and shuts her bedroom door! Um, last time I checked, Madison, you were 3, not 13. Could you please not start acting like a teenager yet? My fragile little heart just can't take it.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Very Cute! I couldn't stop laughing when I read this! Madison is a card!

Valreegrl said...

Already! Oh no. Good luck in 10 years!

Sarah said...

Viv is the same way...Not looking forward to age 13 AT ALL!

DembroskyFamily said...

That is to funny. I have those times with Kaitlyn too.

Shari said...

OMG!!!! Look at what we are in for. At least, hopefully, we will be doing it together. She is just too cute for words!

Twitter Updates