Monday, August 4, 2008

Olympic Pride

I can't wait for Friday night and the official start of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. I love watching the opening ceremonies, and I love the whole 2+ weeks of Olympic programming that I'll get to watch on TV. I always have such a feeling of hopefulness and renewed energy as I watch athletes from all over the world come together in the spirit of healthy competition.

For some reason, the Olympics always cause me to reflect on how I am proud to be an American, and more importantly, a part of this human race and how, at times, our collective humanity and sense of community really shines!

On my List of Things to Do Before I Die..... Go to the Olympic Games (as a spectator, of course!)!

Watch and be inspired!

Photobucket

3 comments:

DembroskyFamily said...

I love the opening cermonies too. I also love hearing about the Chinese culture that they are doing on the news.

Jennifer said...

Ooh, I thought I was the only geek who loves the Olympics. I think I may let AJ stay up late to watch the ceremonies.

Sarah said...

Maybe Blogging will become an Olympic Game and you can go to compete...

it could happen....

Twitter Updates