Monday, September 22, 2008

Wait a minute... What just happened here?!?!

I walked into preschool this morning as my normal friendly-but-somewhat-anonymous self and walked out 15 minutes later as one of Maddie's class' Homeroom Mom! Ummm, wait, how did that happen????

Actually, it is really a great thing! I've been wanting to get involved more at school but have felt a little held back because I have McKenna with me all the time. Being a homeroom mom will allow me to coordinate volunteers and events from home without having to actually be in the classroom alot and need to get a sitter for McKenna. My friend Laura said she will probably sign on as the other homeroom mom, but wanted to think about it some more. I hope she does. It would be fun to do it along with her and get to know her even better.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Congratulations Shannon! I know exactly what you mean, it does take back a bit when you realize what you just volunteered for!

Tassi said...

You've been tagged! Come check it out.

Nancy said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEe....sooo funny. MEEEE tooo! How do we get ourselves into these things??? I think we just want to be near our babies!!!

Mozi Esme said...

Sounds like a divine appointment! Have fun with it . . .

Beth - Total Mom Haircut said...

I think that's great! And it sounds like a perfect balance for you. What a perfect way to be involved in the school (and to have something new to put your energy toward...that involves adult interaction:)
Beth
http://www.totalmomhaircut.com/

Twitter Updates